Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cats, Can Openers, and That Unmistakable Sound

Some cats will show up out of nowhere if you hold down the lever of an electric can opener. We used to do that when I was a kid to let Sarah know it was time to come in for the night. No amount of calling or looking did any good at all. The can opener, however? Instant cat. I've even seen it mentioned on lost-cat posters. "Answers to Friskie, Frisket, Frisk, Puddin' Pie, and the sound of an electric can opener."

Well, my cat eats crunchies. No interest whatsoever in soft food. Only crunchies. In fact, since I so rarely open cans, I don't have an electric can opener at all. I do, however, have a surefire trick to find the cat. No matter where she is or what she's doing, she appears every time anyone uses the toilet. My theory is that she's figured out that she has a captive audience with nothing better to do than pet her or run a trickle of water in the sink.

I can just see the poster now. "Answers to Mewon, Mewie, Mew Mew, Mewster, and the sound of  a person peeing."

Please don't let the cat out...

No comments:

Post a Comment